(MICHAUD) Service Insulation Piercing Connector
This connector is used for connecting the insulated service conductors to the low voltage A.B.C. (Aerial Bundled Conductors).
Connector end cap:
- The connector end cap is flexible so that to feel good tap conductor insertion simply by hand.
- It is carrying membranes instead of grease, granting watertightness around tap conductor end on long terms basis.
- It is glued on connector body so that to avoid eventual loss during handling, installation and environment (wind, wild life...).
- It can be equipped with a hard end cap, gripping and covering so, in case rigid cover is required.
Connector general features:
- Insulation piercing is carried out on the main and tap conductors simultaneously in a single tightening operation.
- The dielectric strength in water is greater than 6kV.
- The tightening screw is potential free.
- Tightening efficiency is ensured by a shear head screw.
- This connector meets the criteria of NF C 33-020 and EN 50-483.